You want protection for your loved ones who play sports and do other activites that could create mouth injuries.. Rosa Dental in Midtown measures mouths and has Mouthguards especially created for each patient. You might be someone who has mouth pain from clenching or grinding your teeth at night; these guards will help you, too
Dr. Rosa offers both sports mouthguards and occlusal night mouthguards needed by people who grind or clench their teeth while sleeping . We can also help you with preventing sports-related injuries to the mouth.
- Nearly 40% of all sports injuries involve the face; a mouthguard will protect athletes’ mouths and smiles. You especially want custom made mouthguards to protect your children to minimize their injuries as they enjoy their sports.
- A mouthguard fits comfortably over your teeth, and protects your smile, lips, tongue, face and jaw. Research has shown it also can help reduce the potential of concussions.
- Research shows that 13-39% of all dental injuries are related to sports. This does not just relate to hockey players, boxers, and football players, but also in other sports such as gymnastics and bicycling and many other sports, according to the American Dental Association.
- Ready-made mouthguards can be found at sporting goods stores. But they aren’t custom fitted. They are attached by closed jaws, which can make breathing and speaking difficult. They are usually uncomfortable as well.
- Acrylic mouth-formed mouthguards fit securely over your teeth, but many users have reported an unpleasant taste or smell and the piece can lose its flexibility over time. Thermoplastic mouthguards can be customized by heating them in hot water and then biting them, creating a custom fit. But they feel bulky in the mouth.
- Custom-made mouthguards are made by a dentist or lab technician from an impression of your teeth. They are practical, comfortable and provide the best injury protection.